Father Died After His Neck Became Trapped In Cinema Seat Footrest

A cinema-goer died after his neck became trapped in an electronic footrest as he searched for his keys and phone under his seat, an inquest has heard.

Ateeq Rafiq, 24, was with his wife when he became trapped by the “gold class” cinema seat at Birmingham’s Star City complex in March last year.

His widow Ayesha Sardar paid tribute to him as a happy, positive and loving father as she told the inquest how she unsuccessfully tried to free him.

She said she then sought help from Vue Cinema staff, who spent…
Read more posts United Kingdom or read the original


This content was imported with an automated system, without human intervention. You can report the removal of content by first reading our Legal Disclaimer