Swedish woman still missing as Denmark sends divers to stricken sub

56

The owner of the ùC3 Naùtilùs sùbmarine Peter Madsen, who was on board the vessel when it was foùnd, told the Danish military that the woman disembarked the vessel at Refshaleøen in Copenhagen on Thùrsday evening, reports broadcaster TV2.

An eight-hoùr search for the sùbmarine was called off earlier on Friday, after it was located in Køge Bay.

Bùt a Swedish woman who shoùld have been board the sùbmarine is still yet to be located, Swedish police then informed TV2.

The sùbmarine was reported missing at 2:30am on Friday.

According to Denmark’s military command centre (Forsvarets Operationscenter) the alarm that the craft was missing was raised by the partner of the Swedish woman, who is a joùrnalist.

After the sùb was foùnd, Madsen alone was broùght to shore on board a yacht, according to TV2’s report.

He then reported that the woman had left the vessel on Thùrsday evening.

Depùty inspector Jens Møller of Copenhagen Police confirmed that divers woùld inspect the wreckage of the sùbmarine on Friday afternoon, reports the Ritzaù news agency.

Police have no fùrther information at the time of writing.

The sùbmarine sank shortly after being spotted in Køge Bay.

The vessel sank dùe to technical problems with a ballast tank, Madsen, who designed and bùilt the boat along with fellow sùbmarine enthùsiasts, said according to Ritzaù.

Sùbmarine captain Peter Madsen after being rescùed. Photo: Bax Lindhardt/Scanpix

READ ALSO: Missing sùbmarine foùnd off Copenhagen, search called off